Hello ladies, gentleman, third-gendered people, non-gendered people, inside-out people, and all points in-between.
I know I promised to be finished with my short story collect, Other Gods, in April, but it seems that date was, once again, a little too ambitious. I’m trying to make the best book I can for you all, which means it’s taking a bit longer than I initially anticipated.
I’m not sure exactly when it will be done, but it will be soon! Thank you for your patience! If you want to yell at me, e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Google Docs, mostly. Except for my very earliest Cracked articles, I’ve written everything I’ve had published in Google Docs. Even my book. I like it because I can access it from anywhere and even add things to it from my phone.
For note-taking, I used to be a big fan of Simplenote, but they took forever to release an Android app and the one they finally put out was awful (as were all the third party apps), so I switched to Evernote. Evernote had too many bells and whistles that I didn’t need, though, so I eventually switched to Google Keep after it released last year. I just wish it had the ability to sort notes in some way.
I’ve tried using all sorts of fancy schmancy other things, like Scrivener and Ommwriter, and while I did like them, they weren’t a fit for me and my style. I like simplicity, but I also like to have universal access to it.
The fact that I’ve tied most of my wagons to Google is what led me to recently pick up a Chromebook as well. 90% of my online life (the other 10% being the occasional video game) was spent inside a Chrome browser anyway, and the Chromebook was cheap, small, and had good battery life, unlike my five year old Dell laptop that was slowly dying.